Article 1 | Registration
1. In order to schedule the Exam, The Candidate or the requesting Entity, will have to fill in and send the respective registration form:
a.Online, through the PSTQB official website or
b.By completing, signing and sending the form in .pdf format, also available for download through the official website of the PSTQB.
Article 2 | Scheduling and Confirmation
1. Applications must be made at least 5 (five) working days before the intended date of the Certification Examination. Registration requests sent after this period will be refused;
2. After receiving the registration request, the PSTQB will validate the feasibility of its realization and, within 24 hours (twenty-four hours), issue a communication of acceptance or proposal of new dates and times;
3. A PSTQB allows Certification Exams from Monday to Friday (except holidays), from 9am to 4pm.
Article 3 | Payment
1. Payment for the Exams must be made when sending the registration form;
2. Requests to register for Certification Exams that are not accompanied by proof of payment will not be considered;
3. A PSTQB accepts payments by bank transfer, ATM reference and credit card;
4. A PSTQB may, by agreement with the Candidate, accept payment for the Examination in up to three (3) installments without interest;
5. A PSTQB will only disclose the result of the Exam and send the Certificate (if applicable) after confirmation of all payments that total the value of the Exam
Article 1 | Information Prior to the Examination
1. PSTQB, when sending the Exam scheduling confirmation, will provide the Support Guide for Remote Examinations, which should deserve the best attention of the Candidates;
2. PSTQB provides all support (before, during and after) in a close and personalized manner;
3. Candidates who, on the date of the exam, have questions about the operation of the support platform for the exam should, as soon as possible, contact PSTQB in order to be clarified;
4. Candidates whose nationality is different from the language they have chosen for the Certification Examination should ensure that they have provided the necessary information to the PSTQB in order to have access to the 25% extra time.
Example: If the Exam has a total duration of 60 minutes, Candidates will have a total of 75 minutes to take the Exam.
Article 2 | Conductiong the Exam Through the Online Platform
1. The procedures for taking the Exam via the online platform are detailed in theSupport Guide for Remote Exams available for download on the official site of PSTQB.
2. PSTQB is not, and can never be held responsible for the fact that the Candidate is unaware of how the online exam support platform works;
3. If the Candidates do not take the scheduled Exam due to lack of knowledge of the how the online works, they will have to reschedule and, consequently, proceed with a new payment.
Artigo 1.º | Regras a Cumprir Durante a Realização do Exame|
1. O Candidato, antes de iniciar a realização do Exame de Certificação, tem acesso às regras do Exame que deverá ler com a máxima atenção;
2. Durante a realização do Exame, o Candidato pode/tem de:
a. Utilizar todas as funcionalidades da plataforma;
b. Pedir ajuda ou esclarecer dúvidas acerca do funcionamento da plataforma, junto do Vigilante através da janela de chat;
c. Estar munido de água (ou qualquer outra bebida do seu agrado) e comida leve (meramente sugestivo);
d. Manter-se num local sozinho, com o menor ruído possível, e bem iluminado;
3. Durante a realização do Exame, o Candidato não pode:
a. Ausentar-se da frente do computador/camara ou adotar uma posição que não permita a vigilância correta e a análise dos seus movimentos. Se por motivos de força maior o Candidato tiver de se ausentar da frente do ecrã, terá de pedir autorização (por escrito, na janela de chat) ao Vigilante e aguardar a sua aceitação;
b. Utilizar equipamentos extra à realização do Exame, nomeadamente, mas não exclusivamente, os que permitem contactos com o exterior;
c. Utilizar o telemóvel ou tablet. Estes equipamentos têm de ser colocados em modo voo antes do início da realização do Exame, e até ao seu término. Se por motivos de força maior o Candidato tiver de manter o telemóvel contactável, deverá informar o Vigilante (por escrito, através da janela do chat), antes de iniciar o Exame;
d. Consultar livros, manuais de suporte ao estudo autónomo e/ou notas (quer em suporte físico ou digital);
e. Utilizar ou manusear auscultadores, headphones ou qualquer outro equipamento similar;
f. Ler as perguntas e respostas do Exame, falar ou cantar;
g. Efetuar capturas de ecrã (printscreen) ou fotografá-lo;
h. Utilizar lápis, caneta e folha de rascunho em papel;
i. Utilizar dicionário;
j. Utilizar calculadora, que não seja a facultada pela plataforma;
k. Abrir e consultar páginas da internet, independentemente do seu conteúdo e motivo.
Artigo 2.º | Penalizações em Caso de Incumprimento
1. Em caso de incumprimento de uma ou mais alíneas referidas no ponto atrás (Capítulo 3º, Artigo 1º, número 3.), o Candidato é informado pelo vigilante, através da janela de Chat que o Exame será imediatamente cancelado e terminado;
2. Em caso de cancelamento do Exame por incumprimento das regras, a nova marcação terá o custo de um novo Exame.
Artigo 3.º | Acesso ao Resultado
1. The Candidate, after finishing the Certification Exam, may, if he/she wishes, check if he/she got a positive or negative result;
2. A positive result is a candidate that achieves at least 65% of the points.
Example: In an Exam that has a maximum of 40 points, 65% is equal to 26 points, which means that the Candidate needs to reach 26 points (at least) to be approved.
Artigo 4.º | Emissão e Envio de Certificados
1. After passing the Certification Examination, the PSTQB will issue and send the Certificate within 48h (forty eight) working hours;
2. Certificates are, as a rule, sent by e-mail, to the e-mail address the Candidate indicated when filling out the registration form;
3. Candidates who wish to receive a certificate on paper will have to pay a fee of 10 euros, plus VAT at the normal legal rate;
4. Certificates issued may be viewed on the ISTQB® Successful Candidate Register (S.C.R.) platform, if you have authorized the communication of your data (full name, certification level, exam date and certificate number);
5. The Certificate has the same validity if the Candidate chooses not to allow the communication of his/her data to the S.C.R. platform.
Article 1 | Absence of Attendance
1. After being absent without notice, you can justify your absence up to 5 (five) working days after the day on which your Exam was scheduled, by sending an e-mail (with the proper justification), to the address firstname.lastname@example.org;
Article 2 | Justifications Valid for Rescheduling without Charge
1. The following are reasons to disclose absences, provided they are duly attested (whenever applicable):
a. Duly proven infectious-contagious disease;
b. Childbirth, as well as prenatal consultations and breastfeeding;
c . Maternity or paternity leave;
d . Assistance in sickness to descendants and first-degree ascendants, as well as to the spouse or common-law partner;
e . Appearance in Court or any other similar institution;
f . Attendance on National Defense Day;
g. Death of a 1st or 2nd degree relative;
h . Illness;
i. Hospitalization or surgery, and subsequent convalescence period.
2. Any other justification - besides those listed in the previous point (1.) - will be subject to the respective case-by-case analysis by the Examination Directorate of the PSTQB EXAMINATION BOARD.
Article 3 | Postponement/Rescheduling Requests
1. The Candidate may request the postponement of the Examination to PSTQB - without any justification or with a justification that does not fit in the last article (2) - after confirmation of his schedule and upon prior payment of 35 euros, plus VAT at the normal legal rate in force.
Article 4 | Cancellations
1. The cancellation without associated costs is subject to the presentation of the respective justification and subsequent case-by-case analysis by the Examination Department of the PSTQB.
2. If the cancellation request is accepted, the Candidate, in order to be reimbursed, must send proof of NIB/IBAN, with his name, and valid for less than 1 (one) month;
3. If the refund request is not accepted, there will be no refund, and the PSTQB will issue the respective communication and inform the Candidate of the deadline for rescheduling the appointment;
4. The Candidate who requests the cancellation of the Exam with the intention of rescheduling it, will have to wait 3 (three) months after the date he/she made the cancellation request. Otherwise, it will be considered a rescheduling and not a cancellation.
Example: The Candidate has an exam scheduled for September 5th and requests its cancellation on August 15th. The Candidate will be informed that he/she can only schedule a new Exam after October 15th
Article 1 | Exam Prices
1. The prices of the Exams vary according to the level of certification;
2. The prices of the Exams, as well as the levels available, can be found on the official website of the PSTQB
3. The values shown on the page mentioned in the previous number (2.) include VAT at the normal legal rate in force;
4. A PSTQBby prior agreement with its partner GASQ, may change one or more values, without prior notice.
Article 1 | Responsibility of the Platform's Operation and Evaluation of Applicants
GASQ is fully responsible for maintaining and ensuring the proper functioning of the support platform for the Certification Exams;
2. The responsibility for the evaluation and certification of the Candidates is the sole responsibility of the PSTQB.
Article 2 | Applicability
The present Regulation will come into force, in its exact terms, on March 1st, 2023.